Used tea bag

Olwen asked me if I wanted a new tea bag or a used one. As I was in the middle of reading of the sufferings of the negro slaves on the cross-atlantic journey, I decided on a used one. Gripping reading produces empathy.

Members of my Biblical Theology class show their different preferences too. John Jairo sets his watch daily by Big Ben on the internet, and I suspect dreams of big congregations and long sermons. Santiago is a composer and musician of indigenous music and asks questions on interpretation even though it's not hermeneutics. Diana is a pyschology graduate and interprets what I say to the class.

Being final year students they keep you right when they think what you're saying is wrong, so my classes are constantly being interrupted.

What suprised me this week was some of their views on Scripture. For years I had assumed that everyone believed the right one, well, as I did. Now I've discovered that verbal inspiration isn't a common base. Mmmmm..... It will take some cogitation to work this one through.



Life's full of surprises,

even in a Bogotá restaurant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

God's providence is my inheritance