They just laugh when they see me

Not been a good week. It started off bad with a reader of the last email expressing forcefully his unhappiness about its lack of spirituality. And then my virtual course, on becoming a virtual teacher, has been frustrating because the female tutor in a distant Colombian city has been making demands for things that couldn´t be done. It´s convinced me of the inherent weakness of the internet as a teaching medium.

Then on Monday there was the students' service with Olwen and I doing a double act. I quite like the double act thing: it´s a lot easier in preparation and is usually good fun. It turned out to be all this and more. We dealt with the faithfulness of God in the context of marriage, sex and money.

Olwen now has more women who want to talk to her, and I have more men who just laugh when they see me.

We break for Easter on Thursday. Twenty-eight essays to mark, but the great news is that for the first time since starting to lecture 9 years ago, all the work has been handed in on time. Now that´s real spirituality!

The Seminary chapel with the students gathered

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary