Lots of free hand-outs

I write this from the students' computing room at the Lima Seminary. It isn't the easiest place to work in; a student starts singing out loud while he types (a Christian song that just seems to have one line), the handyman waves at me through the window and someone comes in and hugs me.

Tonight my talks on the parables start. There have just been two days of conferences in the Seminary with an excellent speaker from Feed the Hungry talking about different views of the world. So it won't be easy to follow that with three nights of conferences on something that doesn't seem relevant to the needs of Peru, but I've got lots of free hand-outs, so feel hopeful.

Yesterday I took part in a radio programme the Seminary produces each week on a Christian radio station. My interviewer emphasized that my talks were on Jesus' parables for the contemporary world, so maybe I'm underestimating their drawing power.

Olwen´s off with John and his friend Andy to Colegio AndrĂ©s and also the Bible Society. It's not easy to get simple Bible tracts in Colombia so we'll take a small supply back. We leave for Moyobamba on Saturday, flying first for an hour to Tarapoto and then taking a shared taxi for the 2 hours road journey to Moyobamba.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary