Unusual Easter prayer

I suppose I must start by recounting a prayer Olwen made last Thursday. Easter is Colombia's major religious occasion and also when families gather. And being separated form hers, Olwen felt down and, unknown to me, prayed that God would show his power.

Later I arrived and decided that it was the occasion for me to have a once-in-every-30-years confession time with her. After that a married couple with 4 of their daughters came for tea, and surprised us by announcing that they wanted us to remarry them. They'd bought rings, and so we did our best despite the lack of information in the Blue Book. If anyone's interested in a possible aphrodisiac, try pasta and banoffee pie.

The following day we went on a 17 hour trip in a crowded van to a coffee farm where I preached on the lost sheep, we swam in an outdoor pool and saw something that seemed to be from the plagues at Pharaoh's time, a frog the almost the size of a man's boot.

Coming home we were involved in an accident with a motor bike and I ended up fulfilling a life long ambition of directing the traffic. The skill for this should not be underestimated since it was pitch black, Colombian drivers don't like to slow down and gunshots sounded in the distance. To try and look the part I wore my University of St. Andrews sunhat.

You get what you pray for, but it's not always quite what you expected. Olwen's pretty frazzled.

On Saturday we fly to Peru for 2 weeks, on Sunday John, our son, arrives in Lima. Wednesday-Friday nest week I'm to speak on the Jesus's parables at the Seminary.



Newly remarried couple, note the rings please

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary