Patiently waiting or patient waiting

He sat in the café watching for me. Unfortunately today, with Olwen being with me, we took a detour to a sewing shop, arrived by a different route, and he missed me. His secretary had to phone down to the café and within a minute he was there. Twice this has happened now. I am talking about my dentist.

Olwen is convinced that he gets his living from his four Seminary missionary patients. I like to think he's getting himself relaxed to provide pain-free treatment.

Either way it illustrates the kind of personalised medical treatment you get in Latin America. No long waiting lists and no rushed care. If there are dentists in heaven, it would be like this. Even in poorer Peru, for the birth of our children, Olwen's gynae doctor attended their births as normal practice.

What is different however is that this is only for those who live in the big cities, and can pay. Otherwise the consequences are more frightening and more painful.


Photo: Also waiting - outside the Seminary for Binco to start




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary