Richard Claydermann & the Bible


Succumbing to pressure I decided to take my return to work on the easy side, and went to some local events.

On Tuesday it was an exhibition of Goya´s etchings showing the hypocrisies in the Spanish Court and Church. It was like investigative journalism and the King eventually had them suppressed. On Thursday I attended the National Stamp Exhibition which included correspondence from Simon BolĂ­var, South America's independence leader of the 19th century. And on Saturday, along with 1000 others, we attended a concert given by Richard Claydermann, the popular French pianist.

I doubt if in Glasgow I could enjoy so much in one week. Thanks to the Spanish conquest, European culture is important here.

But reality came when I received an email from a man thanking me for the theological resources web site and explaining why a recent entry had been important. It was one of the Spanish Bible in audio format: the man couldn't read.

Latin America consists of the rich and cultured, and the poor and semi-literate. I can guess who there'll be most of in heaven.

Photo: "Sleep of reason produces monsters", Goya's comment on life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

God's providence is my inheritance