Early morning phone call


We have two starting times in our house. At 5 am my day kicks off with stretches followed by jogging (slow) or weights (junior). At 6 am Olwen staggers into the sitting room wanting to know what time it is and looking for a cup of tea and her Bible. I´m unable to appreciate why she won´t join me earlier on. I guess she´s sussed that over-straining yourself doesn't equal godliness.

Today was slightly different. Having just finished her first cup of tea, the phone went. It was Gonzalo the maintenance man, wanting to know where she was. The work had begun: walls were being knocked down and electrics were to be measured. Zero Stress sewing room was expanding to twice its floor space.

The surprising thing is that the growth comes not because of more impoverished students' wives but from the commitment of the impoverished world outside. It means workshops, mini enterprises and clothing repairs; even helping people save the money they´ve earned. It´s like a Trustee Savings Bank built on cotton and thread with a lot of love.

Classes finish on Friday. Brilliant, I´m exhausted. And I keep telling her it´s not the exercising.


Photo: Keeping an eye on the work, and me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary