What Henry Ford almost said


Last week was spent sorting out a forward plan for my history course: 48 one hour classes at midday. Augustine, Luther, Calvin and co. were neatly allotted their times; exams and projects were programmed.

The afternoon before I started, I was told my class had changed; I would start next morning at 7 am with an hour and a half classes. An adaptation of Henry Ford's famous saying came to mind, "History planning is bunk" I was fortunate, worse had happened to Fiona the previous day.

Years ago Donnie Smith advised me about coping with pastoral work in Peru: "Don´t have fixed plans. You go, see who turns up, and then start organizing".

"All things work together for good" has to be super-glued into the mind of the missionary.

Today almost twice as many turned up for the first class than was expected
.

Photo: Church History students in class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

God's providence is my inheritance