South American games


The South American Games which are held every 4 years, have always been won by Argentina or Brazil, but this year Colombia triumphed.

As events were held within walking distance of where we live, were free to see and well policed, I decided to go along.
There were no tickets: you either queued for hours to get to see something popular or chose something boring. So I saw the ladies kick-boxing, in which Colombia excels, but with the female audience becoming more and more animated, I didn’t stay too long. Then there was what seemed like a never ending game of basketball between Argentina and Chile. And finally, on a warm evening, I witnessed the swimming finals held by floodlight in an open-air pool, with the Andes silhouetted in the distance.

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I saw a baby red squirrel. And today I was chased down a hill by a horse.


Lord, I know heaven will be wonderful, but there’s so many interesting things going on here. Gracias
.

Photo: Swimming finals: makes you feel like jumping in?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary