The wailing student

Rosa's wail could be heard throughout the Seminary, or so I feared. Years ago I had heard a similar crying in the Peruvian countryside coming from an aged woman whose husband had died. Rosa had just been given her final exam grade from my class - she had failed. A second student had also failed, to prevent him breaking down, I hugged him.

Following my class the students had met in an impromptu prayer meeting in the next room. I walked quickly past the open door not wishing to hear what divine interventions they were requesting.

On Saturday Olwen and I took a small plane to Santa Marta on the Caribbean Coast. It´s great to get a week's holiday - say teachers and students alike.


Photo: Mobile shop, Santa Marta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary