God's odd bods


As a foreigner you're vulnerable, and once you leave the Seminary gates you wonder what will happen to you. Comfortingly, the Bible says such odd bods are under God´s special protection.

On Saturday morning I went into the carpenter´s next door as I needed some wood. The workshop lies behind locked railings, guarded by a barking dog and does little business. The carpenter found the right wood, cut a couple of pieces for me, and refused to take any money.

In the afternoon I decided to visit an art exhibition in the city centre. When I got there it had already closed for the day. But the doorman said, "Just come on in" and turned on the lights, leaving me to wander around at my leisure.


It´s what theologians call the common grace of God, or simply put, natural human kindness. And it makes you say, thank you, Lord, and thank you, fellow humans.


Photo: God's interesting world in MedellĂ­n - peacock feathers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

MacDonalds in the Seminary