"Who will go for us?"


The following was received from Costa Rica:  

"Greetings to everyone,  may our good Lord continue blessing you,  my name is Aldron Castillo,   married with 5 children.  I'm an ex prisoner who was in jail for 11 years,  although originally sentenced to 55 years.  While in prison I received Christ as my saviour,   and saw him doing mighty works to secure my release,  but his greatest miracle was my salvation.    

Today I serve the Lord seeking to prevent crime.  My wife and I travel 8-9 hours by bus in order to testify to others of the way Christ saves spiritually and physically and can be their savour too.    We get no external help for this work either in literature or economically.  In my  country ex-prisoners carry on as before and no one believes that God could make such a great change.    A lot of time is spent in preparing materials to give to people.     I have tracts and some  Bibles to use with a group of 40-60.     God is helping us,  but I need to prepare plenty of studies because we can't be with the group all the time,  only once every 2 weeks.

In Costa Rica no one wants to sacrifice for others.    Although many have heard my testimony,   they don't want to help.  I can't support my ministry through secular work because after being in prison you have to wait 10 years until your criminal record is removed from computer records.       

I hope in Christ's name that someone will help us.  We grow as a family with the Bible.  May God greatly bless,  continue to give you wisdom,  that all might be for the glory of our Lord and Saviour."

After writing saying sorry I couldn't help either,  Aldron replies:

"The truth is I didn't expect help from yourselves.    I wrote to you,  perhaps I'm mistaken,  but to explain that the reality is there is little love for souls that are lost and on their way to hell.   No one wants to dirty their shoes,  but just be in a pulpit in suit and tie.    Who will reach out to the lost?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wonky couple of days

Dangerous ground in Parliament Hall

God's providence is my inheritance